Maps for Dark Age of Camelot.
All four battlegrounds
You are welcome to try out the tools I used to generate the maps. (You are also welcome to take the maps and do whatever you want with them.) The directory contains a python script I wrote to control map layer generation and the config files I used for each pass. You'll need your own copy of the game data, which is copyrighted by Mythic. I achieved some of the effects you see by doing each layer separately and compositing them in Photoshop. I did all the labels as Photoshop type layers, which non-portable, but did allow me to easily put the labels exactly where I wanted them.
I used DAoC Mapper to extract data from the client, of course. The version most recently released by the author, Oliver Jowett, has a bug in the reader for the file format used by the new Shrouded Isles background textures. The bug swaps the red and blue pixel data. The fix is easy: just swap the r and b assignments. It's included as part of the mapper source I've mirrored here: mapper- 20021225.tar.gz. Or you can just apply the changes to the two files by hand.
dxt-decoder.c. The diffs, in case you're the nervous type:
72c72 < unsigned r0 = (c0 & 0x1f) << 3; --- > unsigned b0 = (c0 & 0x1f) << 3; 74c74 < unsigned b0 = ((c0 >> 11) & 0x1f) << 3; --- > unsigned r0 = ((c0 >> 11) & 0x1f) << 3; 76c76 < unsigned r1 = (c1 & 0x1f) << 3; --- > unsigned b1 = (c1 & 0x1f) << 3; 78c78 < unsigned b1 = ((c1 >> 11) & 0x1f) << 3; --- > unsigned r1 = ((c1 >> 11) & 0x1f) << 3;
Here's a patch to the python version (but you really should just rebuild the C version; it's a lot faster). DdsImageFile.py. To make the fix by hand, swap b0 and r0 on lines 78 and 80, then swap r1 and b1 on lines 83 and 85.
I did all this work on Mac OSX and Linux. I assume you can do it on Windows if you install Python.
The mapper also fails to translate the Shouded Isles model file format, which is why all the SI maps you see don't have any buildings on them. The mapper can read NetImmerse model file format version 3. SI uses the 4.0 NetImmerse engine, which revised the NIF format. Somebody will have to get around to reverse-engineering the new format. (I made some progress on this, but it's not the kind of thing I find fun.)